In this episode, a parent shares how her toddler is refusing to eat breakfast many days. She describes how her son is choosing what he is served for breakfast every morning, but that he is very inconsistent with the amount that he eats. When he refuses to eat what is served even after asking for it, she is unsure whether to offer her toddler other items or simply let him wait until the next feeding opportunity as she worries that he will be hungry before snack. She has been giving him other options to try to get him to eat, but she describes how the family is getting frustrated at this constant pattern and waste of food. She is at her wits end and is looking for some guidance on how she should address this.
What You'll Learn About in This Episode:
- How to implement the Division of Responsibility with a child who is a reluctant or hesitant eater.
- How to appropriately provide meal options to your child and why this is important.
- Why your child may not eat a particular meal and why it may be simpler than you think.
- Whether to offer more food options when your child refuses to eat what is served, or have them wait until the next eating opportunity.
- How to trust your child's hunger cues.
- Some tips on what to look for in your child snacks from their school.
- Why is it important to stick to a meal time structure with your child.
Listen to This Episode:
Links on This Episode:
- Division of Responsibility blog post
- If you’re looking for some new meal ideas and help with exactly how to serve meals to the whole family regardless of age, including babies that are just starting and as they progress, make sure you grab my new meal plan for families at newwaysnutrition.com/mealplan.