This week is a bit of a different show. With everything going on in the world right now, we are all likely in a different place than normal. Whether you've been staying at home for a few weeks or just starting, there is no doubt that this has been, and will be, a challenging time for all of us. In this episode, I try to get to the bottom of some of the issues you may be experiencing during this time in close quarters at home. I go through a few of the most common feeding issues that I have heard from parents, and even share some tips and tricks I have put into use already. All to try to provide some clarity on how to handle them over these next few weeks or months. I'm also helping you brainstorm some meals that you can make with common pantry staples we all have been stocking up on. These are not normal times. Give yourself grace, and put your focus on giving your kids the love and attention they need in times like this. It is the most important thing we can do for them. Stay safe and be healthy!
What You'll Learn About in This Episode:
- What to do if your child wants to constantly snack.
- How to make sure food isn't being used as a distraction.
- What you can do if your child is throwing tantrums around food more frequently than normal.
- Why tantrums around food may not have anything to do with the food that you served and how you can navigate this.
- How you can still practice good feeding habits even with limited access to your usual foods.
- Some simple meal ideas based on common pantry items.
Listen to This Episode:
Links on This Episode:
- If you’re looking for some new meal ideas that are simple to make and require basic ingredients, as well as help with exactly how to serve those meals to the whole family, including babies, make sure you grab my new meal plan for families at newwaysnutrition.com/mealplan.
- If you have specific feeding questions you need help with, head to newwaysnutrition.com/podcast to submit them to be answered on a future show.